As an Apple user, I normally use iTunes to manage my media collections. In these days, I’m looking for a feasible way to transfer Blu-ray to iTunes libraray as I have lots of movies or TV episodes on Blu-ray disc,, then I can sync with my iPhone or iPad later.
I searched and figured out two workable solutions to transfering Blu-ray movies to iTunes.
Method One: Convert and import Blu-ray to iTunes with a Blu-ray Ripper
To get the work done, download and install DumboFab Blu-ray Ripper, which is one of the best tool to convert your Blu-ray to iTunes format. It provides good quality output regardless of the end device that you are going to use. And it converts Blu-ray, DVD to any format supported by iTunes in simple steps. Just get it and rip videos from Blu-ray disc to iTunes supported videos for playback on your iPhone 11/SE/X, iPad Air/Pro, iPod touch, etc. in just a few mouse clicks!
Step 1. Load Blu-ray movies
Insert the Blu-ray disc to the Blu-ray Disc drive or DVD to the DVD-ROM and click the “Load Disc” button to have movies uploaded to the Blu-ray Ripper. Here you can also import DVD folders, ISO files and IFO files to convert.
Step 2. Select iTunes format
In the Format window, you can choose MP4, MOV or M4V from Common Video category. Or you can ignore the video format, and select the device profile according to your Apple device model from Apple category.
Step 3. Start to rip
Click the Convert button to initiate the Blu-ray to iTunes conversion. This might take some time; however, it is important to note that the conversion time depends on the size of the Blu-ray movies.
After conversion, copy the converted Blu-ray movies to your iTunes library or Apple TV app for syncing with your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc. with ease.
Method Two: Redeem digital copies of Blu-rays in iTunes
Some Blu-ray and 4K titles might include an iTunes Digital Copy of your movie in addition to the physical disc. iTunes Digital Copy is a high-definition (HD) digital version of a movie that can be watched on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, and Apple TV. To download your Digital Copy to your iTunes account, you will need to redeem the code directly on your portable device (iPad, iTouch, iPhone).
Redeem titles with just a redemption code
✔ On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the Apple TV app.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap Watch Now.
3. In the upper-right corner, tap the profile icon x.
4. Tap Redeem Gift Card or Code. If asked, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
5. Tap You can also enter your code manually, then enter the 12-digit code printed on the insert included with your disc.
6. Tap Redeem.
Learn what to do if you can’t redeem your content code.
✔ On your Mac or PC
- On your Mac, open the Apple TV app. On your PC, open iTunes for Windows. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
2. From the menu bar, choose Account > Redeem.
3. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In.
4. Enter the 12-digit code printed on the insert included with your disc. You might be able to use the camera on your Mac to redeem your code.
5. You can choose to download the digital copy of your movie now or download it later
A word of warning: Technically, if the Blu-ray work is copyright protected, it’s illegal to do so, even if you own it. To be clear, we do not condone or encourage the unlawful ripping and/or reproduction of copyrighted materials. That said, if you’ve got home videos (or, really, anything that’s not copyrighted), you’re free to do whatever you want with them, and that includes digitizing them.