It can be so extravagant and pity to set aside or even abandon your DVD discs where hold a sizable collection of favorite films. Well, with the advent of portable player like the iPad which gives you convenience to play movie files where you are, many of you would like to make a digital content of the existing DVD so that you can play DVD movies on iPad (Pro, Air, Mini). Especially for those who take a long flight or road trip, enjoy the digital copy of DVD on iPad proved to be a life saver to spare time.
To enjoy DVD on iPad Pro/Air/Mini, it can be realized by converting DVD to iPad compatible formats then transfer them to your iPad.
Requirements for Ripping DVD to iPad:
● Convert physical DVDs to a format that can be played on iPad, like DVD to MP4 for iPad display.
● iPad storage ranges from 16GB to 1TB for iPad. No matter to put multiple DVD movies onto iPad or to give more room or resource-heavy 4K recording, streaming, the smaller the converted file size, the better.
● If there are DVDs from studios, the tool should be able to cope with various DVD protections, like 99 titles, CSS, region codes, RCE, etc.
● The last but not the least, the output quality should be as good as the source.
Tool You Need to Convert Any DVDs to iPad:
To get the best DVD rips for iPad, we recommend a specially designed tool – DumboFab DVD Ripper
● Convert a DVD to h.264, HEVC, MPEG-4 for iPad. If you have no idea about the codec stuff, there are ready profiles for iPad, iPod, Apple-TV, Android, and 350+ other profiles.
● Remove DVD copy protection like region codes, CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs and Disney X-project DRM without third-party addons. You can convert any DVD whether you know or not without any scruple.
● Flexible options offered to clip segment, adjust video resolutions, bit rate, etc. to keep the output video under 1GB for iPad storage.
● The GPU accelerated rip powered by Intel QSV and NVIDIA NVENC/CUDA delivers 30x faster speed.
Step by Step Guide to Convert DVD to iPad Formats
Step 1. Load DVD movie
Run DumboFab DVD Ripper and insert your DVD. You can convert a DVD Disc, ISO image, DVD folder. Click the Disc to load the DVD and it will start to detect the title of the movie. Unlike many other tools, you don’t need to test with each title, or check the possible title by playing the DVDs one by one, it will identify the correct title quickly.
Step 2. Select output format
Choose your iPad model from the Apple devices output preset as the output format, which will remove all the incompatibility issue for you. Note that you can customize the settings for the output by specifying format and destination folder.
Step 3. Set encoding parameters
To make the final DVD video smaller for iPad or iPhone, there are more steps to go. Back to the main interface, click settings icon, and there you can adjust the video and audio encoding preferences.
● Bit Rate: Normally, the higher bit rate, the better quality and the larger size. You can lower the bit rate by 200~500kbps to shrink the image slightly without visually quality loss.
● Resolution: iPad support H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 fps, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, .mov;
▪ MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
▪ Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 fps, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
▪ HEVC up to 4K @ 60 fps is supported by iPad 6, iPad Pro 10.5-in and later.
Step 4. Convert DVD Movies to iPad
Click the Browse button to select a destination folder. After that, check the files needed to convert in the file list, and click the Convert button on the main interface to let this DVD to iPad converter start ripping file.
How to Copy DVD Video to iPad Fast and Easily
We’ve shown you how to convert DVD to iPad readable format on Windows/Mac, you then need to transfer the movie that is already ripped off DVD from your computer to iPad. Here we will show you Apple’s official way.
If you’re running on PC and Mac earlier than macOS Catalina, you can use iTunes to import the converted DVD to iPad. For Mac later than Catalina, you should use Finder. The steps to sync DVD to iPad using iTunes and Finder are quite similar. So check how to copy DVD to iPad using iTunes.
- Launch iTunes, drag and drop the converted DVD movie to the left side of the iTunes to import the movie into your iTunes Library.
- Now the DVD movies are stored in your iTunes Library, connect your iPad to your computer via a USB cable.
- Once connected, the iPad icon should appear on the left side of iTunes under the Devices tab. Click it and go to the Movies tab.
- Check the Sync Movies checkbox and select the DVD movies you just imported to your iTunes
- Now the DVD videos are in your iPad Air/iPad Mini/iPad Pro. Open the Videos app on your iPad and select the movie, hit Play and enjoy.